Cholesterol is of great importance inside the human body. It is required for the maintenance of cell membrane, for many hormones and Vitamins. That requirement of cholesterol to the human body is fulfilled by two sources:
- By Food
- Liver produces itself
But the important thing is that one should rigorously keep on checking the level of cholesterol in his/her blood. As high level of cholesterol can lead to many complications i.e. High Blood Pressure, Heart Diseases like Myocardial Infarction, Stroke, Atherosclerosis etc. The normal range of Cholesterol in blood is under 200 mg/dl for healthy adults.
Crestor belongs to one of the important cholesterol-lowering medications i.e. statins. Crestor lowers the level of LDL(low density lipoprotein) and triglycerides from the blood and increases the level of HDL(high density lipoprotein), hence it maintains the balance of cholesterol inside the blood and protects the human body from many diseases.
Use Crestor Ingredients for Cholesterol:
Crestor Ingredients include one active ingredient for Cholesterol which is Rosuvastatin and other excipients which are as follows:
- Microcrystalline Cellulose NF
- Lactose Monohydrate NF
- Tribasic Calcium Phosphate NF
- Crospovidone NF
- Magnesium Stearate NF
- Hypromellose NF
- Triacetin NF
- Titanium Dioxide USP
High Cholesterol has no accurate symptoms, the only way to detect it is through blood tests.
Synthroid: Proficient drug to cure Hypothyroidism
Synthroid is a FDA approved drug and can be used to treat the deficiency of thyroid hormone. That’s why it is used in the treatment of Hypothyroidism and thyroid cancer as TSH Suppression.
The medication should be taken as per the instructions provided by the doctor followed by all the guidelines which are given on the label of the medicine. The doses of synthroid are decided according to age, body weight, other medications and the type and severity of your condition. Synthroid works efficiently if it is taken on an empty stomach i.e. 30 to 60 mins before breakfast.
- For newly diagnosed hypothyroidism, the synthroid Dosage is 1.6 micrograms of synthroid per kilogram of the body(taken once each day).
- For severe and long lasting hypothyroidism, synthroid Dosage is 12.5 micrograms to 25 micrograms daily.
- For the suppression of TSH, synthroid Dosage is 2 mcg/kg(taken once each day).
- In pedes the Dosage of drug depends on both, the body weight and the age. The dose is adjusted according to body weight and age of the child.
Crestor Uses to control Cholesterol:
A crestor is a statin that’s why it is used as a prescribed drug for:
lowering of LDL(low density lipoprotein) or “Bad Cholesterol”
Increasing HDL(high density lipoprotein) or “Good Cholesterol”
Lowering of Triglycerides
all inside the blood.
By decreasing the levels of LDL and triglycerides inside the blood, Crestor provides protection against many cardiovascular( Heart attack, Stroke etc.) and coronary artery diseases. Rosuvastatin is mainly used in the treatment of a disease that is called Dyslipidemia. In this disease the level of LDL and triglycerides gets high on the other hand low level of HDL in the blood which can be the cause of some serious diseases.
The FDA(Food and Drug Administration) recommended that Crestor is prescribed when other therapies like change of diet, weight loss, or exercise do work.
Some other Crestor Uses are given below;
In the Treatment of;
- Hypercholesterolemia(high level of total cholesterol)
- Hypertriglycridemia(high level of triglycerides)
When the amount of cholesterol in the blood is balanced and in its normal range many cardiovascular and coronary artery diseases like Hypertension, Endocarditis, Atherosclerosis, Arrhythmia, Heart Valve Diseases, Orthostatic Hypotension etc.
This drug should be swallowed as a whole anytime once a day.
Usually the starting Crestor Dosage is 10 to 20 mg(once each day).
In adults, Crestor Dosage ranges from 5 to 40 mg(once each day).
The patients who have not achieved the LDL-C goals while using Crestor 20 mg, they should be prescribed Crestor 40 mg, which is the maximum dose.
In Pedes to control Cholesterol Crestor Dosage varies as follows:
Patients suffering from heterozygous familial Hypercholesterolemia,
- 8 or less than 10 years of age, Crestor Dosage is 5 to 10 mg orally(one tablet per day)
- 10 to 17 years of age, Crestor Dosage is 5 to 20 mg orally(one tablet per day)
Rosuvastatin is not used in pregnancy because it can harm the unborn baby and causes birth defects.
The use of Rosuvastatin must be avoided if you are breastfeeding a baby.
If the patient ever had kidney disease, Diabetes or thyroid Disorder, he/she should tell the doctor about that.
The patients who have compromised liver functions are also prohibited to use Rosuvastatin.
The efficacy of drugs may change due to the interactions with other medications. So to avoid the side effects due to those interactions, the patient should tell the doctor about all his/her previous medical history. And one more important point is that the patient should not start, stop or change the Dosage of any medicine without telling his/her doctor.
These medicines if taken along with Crestor can lead to severe side effects so, their use must be avoided while taking Crestor:
- Blood Thinners like warfarin, Coumadin
- Cancer medicines like regorafenib
- Other Cholesterol lowering medicines like fenofibrate, gemfibrozil
- Antiviral medicines which are used to treat HIV or Hepatitis C like simeprevir, ritonavir, lopinavir, Vosevi
- Other statin medicines like simvastatin, lovastatin
- There are many other drugs, over the counter medicines and Vitamins which can interact with Rosuvastatin so their use must be avoided.
Crestor Side Effects:
Side effects of Crestor are as below:
- Joint Pain
- Stomach Pain
(Insomnia or nightmares)
- Sleep Problems
- Muscle Pain
Some serious Crestor Side Effects Include:
- Acute renal failure
- Liver Damage
Precautions for taking Crestor:
The use of Crestor must be avoided in certain conditions like:
- Liver Disease
- Kidney Disease
- Thyroid Disorder
Pros and Cons of Crestor in Cholesterol:
- Rosuvastatin has a stronger effect on lowering of LDL and Triglycerides from blood as compared to other statins.
- Another benefit of Crestor is that it lowers the risk of Cardiovascular and Coronary diseases.
- It is available in the market at low cost.
- Not safe if the patient is pregnant or breastfeeding a baby.
- It can’t be used in patients with compromised kidney or liver and even in thyroid disorder.
- While using Crestor, the patient has to rigorously follow the diet plan and regular Exercise.